Friday, March 6, 2015

Living Room Updates



We have made a couple changes in the living room recently (and some not so recently). Ever since we bought the ikea rug for the living room, I've wanted to replace it. It was cheap, and grey so we bought it. I am trying to be more mindful of my purchases so I can enjoy things for years to come, instead of replacing them. I figured it would be years until we could afford a new rug (they are so expensive!!). Even more affordable rugs were really out of our price range. We have been searching for almost a year now, but the rug had to be stylish, for me, and soft, for him. Thanks to a really good deal, we finally found the perfect rug!





Tada! Isn't it so much better? We got it 85% off  on rugsusa.com  (source) (I had an extra discount for being a new customer), making it very affordable for us. I wanted a bigger size, but I plan on layering it over a cheaper flat woven rug if we move somewhere with a larger living room. The rug really brightens things up and adds more texture. It is also the softest rug I have ever stepped on. Husband approved! There was a slight chemical smell because it is made of synthetic material, but it only took a day to dissipate. The picture on the website makes the diamonds look more grey, when ultimately it is more of a brownish colour. While I would prefer grey, I did read a review beforehand and decided to take the chance and I actually really like it. Overall, I love this rug. I will definitely be looking for good deals on there in the future.

As you can see, we also updated the pillow covers and throw blanket. I potato stamped triangles onto cheap white pillow covers from ikea. I also spray painted the lamp shape and the lamp to make it more appealing until we can replace it.

We are making progress (slowly)!

No comments:

Post a Comment